Are you thinking of becoming a digital nomad in Marbella? Marbella is possibly Spain’s leading luxury destination, internationally renowned. Known worldwide for its iconic everyday images of yachts, Ferraris, exclusive shops, “beautiful people”, golf courses and beaches, this five-star destination still offers many more features than many professionals have to offer entrepreneurs or even sedentary digital nomads. You can easily go from the cold and grey city to a beautiful seaside resort like Marbella, where you can find relaxation, warm sun all year round and affordable luxury villas and apartments. Marbella has top class business and coworking centres of all kinds (with its own terrace, next to the beach, in modern buildings etc) and also a secured high speed internet service!
The best place to stay in Marbella, Spain
Vacation Marbella’s impressive residential real estate market has been loved by many clients who wish to work remotely in a friendly environment with a high quality of life, standard of service and recreational options, have chosen to settle or invest here. Vacation Marbella is the best option to stay in Marbella, Spain. If finding office space is important to you, Vacation Marbella can also provide free office chairs and desks for bookings of more than 21 nights.
Advantages of being a digital nomad in Marbella
The fastest internet in all our accommodations
For many, all they need to work from anywhere in the world is a seat and a strong Internet connection. The after effect is an increase in a group of people referred to as digital nomads who travel the earth and work as during their travels. Marbella Spain offers all these things and more. Vacation Marbella has fiber optics (faster WiFi) in every property. The average Internet speed in Marbella, Spain is 127.76 Mbps for broadband and fiber Internet and 33.07 Mbps for mobile data speed.
Local cafes around our accommodations suitable for remote workers
- Dezentral Marbella – This is the place to go if you are looking for great coffee in a trendy setting with excellent service. In addition to great coffee, you will also be happy to find a wide variety of delicious and healthy dishes for all tastes. Free WIFI.
- Organic Marbella: Organic in Marbella offers fresh, organic food right across from the Marbella Club Hotel on the Golden Mile. Great spot for breakfast if you’re looking for Eggs Benedict or Crepes. Free WIFI.
- Rosas Café: This café always shows many details in its presentation: it could be described as unique and elegant. They make you feel like you’re in a high-end French cafe and enjoy free Wi-Fi.
- Celicioso Marbella: This bar/bakery/restaurant specializes in gluten-free products. You can choose from a wide variety of fruit baskets, cupcakes, cakes, etc. to enjoy with coffee, smoothies or even ginger drinks. Free WIFI.
- GROUND – Artisan Café: Ground is an Artisan Café & Bakery on the ground floor of BREATHE, open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for breakfast, lunch, drinks and sweets. Free WIFI.
The best coworking spaces around our accommodations
Marbella has a number of great co-working spaces where remote workers can work on a monthly or hourly basis. Good communication, opportunities for professional expansion, the international environment, easy integration, the climate and a unique real estate offer speak in favor of this tourist city that is positioning itself in the employment center segment.
- REGUS, Marbella: Between reliable and predictable, it gives you an immediate feeling of security, especially if you have worked in a different industry before. Located on the city’s main street, Avenida Ricardo Soriano, in a bustling commercial district, Regus Marbella is a stylish base for your business endeavours.
- WeCowork, Marbella: WeCowork offers a wide range of services, from simple shared desks to full VIP packages including fiber optic broadband and corporate directory listings.
- OurSpace, Marbella: Almost informal, it offers a comfortable work space full of plants and a kitchen to eat.
The best gyms around our accommodations
- Real Club de Pádel Marbella: Clients live a unique experience with various services. If you like outdoor activities, this may be the place for you as their main focus is on outdoor activities. The gym has indoor and outdoor areas and good equipment.
- The I/O: Group Fitness offers programs focused on functional movement, mobility, and high-intensity sessions. Classes offer fun practices in the form of dance and holistic sessions to reconnect and realign.
- The M13 gym: Gym with a focus on muscle training. It is very well equipped compared to most other gyms in the area and the quality of the equipment is very good.
How to be a digital nomad in Marbella: requirements and things to consider
Spain has joined the list of countries with a visa for nomads. It offers a residence permit to live in Spain with the aim of attracting talent and international investment and promoting digital entrepreneurship in the country.
The visa for digital nomads will allow you to work remotely for up to six months without the need for official registration, in order to be eligible for this permit you must meet one of the following profiles:
- Demonstrable digital nomad
- Remote worker of a company outside of Spanish territory
- Foreign worker of a foreign company located in Spain
- Digital entrepreneurs
All the details about the duration of the digital nomad visa are not yet known, but it is expected to be one year with the possibility of renewal up to two years.
Businesses and their workers have found out working remotely can be very flexible. Becoming a digital nomad in Marbella will offer you great advantages like achieving improved balance between home and work, and saving money. More and more people staying at Vacation Marbella Luxury accommodation are likely to achieve a work-life balance that previously seemed impossible.